We're Hiring: Intermediate Web Application Developer
Work with smart, innovative people who are passionate about what they do!
GTmetrix is the world's largest performance testing site, testing over 200,000 pages per day. We're looking for a developer to join our small, dedicated team, working to develop and augment GTmetrix, enhance the application's reputation for being the web's premier site speed analysis tool, and evolving it to the 'next level'.
You will be part of the team maintaining and developing new features for GTmetrix, researching latest web performance trends and tools, making improvements to PageSpeed and YSlow recommendations, and providing support for GTmetrix users. You will be working with a variety of technologies from all parts of the web stack.
- 2+ years experience in full web stack development
- A scripting language (eg. Perl, Python)
- MySQL (or other relational database)
- HTML5, CSS3, and CSS Pre-processors (eg. Sass)
- Solid understanding of front-end web performance
- Comfortable working in Linux (or other *nix OS)
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum development methodology
Skills in one or more of the following would be an asset:
- Experience with Perl and/or C++
- Experience developing Firefox and Chrome extensions
Who we're looking for:
- A self-starter who works well with others but can work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to proactively seek feedback
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Adheres to development best practices and existing coding conventions
A nice place to work just makes it that much easier to get up in the morning, ready to do your best. We recognize the importance of balancing our careers with other aspects of our lives, and our office culture and benefits reflect this ethos—from flexible work hours to fun social events, like board games and beer nights. We also encourage and support sustainable lifestyle habits and invest in company green practices such as our green roof and living wall.
Competitive salary, extended health and dental, flexible hours, training, education, and an opportunity to grow and advance with a top IT company. We enjoy a chill work environment on the top floor of a great low-rise office building in downtown Vancouver, steps from the SkyTrain, SeaBus, and West Coast Express.
How to apply:
Please note that this is an in-house position (Vancouver, BC, Canada).
If you are interested, please e-mail your application to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Checklist of items to include when applying:
- Cover letter (please highlight any relevant experience)
- Résumé as a PDF
- Front-end and back-end code samples