Technical Writer / Assistant Support Specialist
GTmetrix is the world's largest web performance testing platform, testing over 400,000 pages per day and providing optimization insights to users worldwide. We're looking for a web-savvy, tech-enthused Technical Writer / Assistant Support Specialist to join our small and energetic team.
This is primarily a Technical Writing role; you'll help us create blog content by turning technical concepts into engaging and informative written guides, articles and documentation for a non-technical audience. Duties may also include creating copy for landing pages, ads or other promotional efforts.
As part of your Assistant Support Specialist duties, you'll help with answering inquiries from GTmetrix users and maintaining our reputation for amazing support in all customer touchpoints.
In depth knowledge of web performance principles are relied upon by our customers every day, and thus an interest in the web or web performance is encouraged.
- Writing guides, articles and documentation for web performance related subject matter on our blog.
- Creating/maintaining a content schedule and working on multiple concurrent content tasks.
- Helping to create and manage a GTmetrix Knowledge Base.
- Resolving customer support issues, including technical questions, bug reports, social media mentions, and/or billing-related inquiries.
- Researching and learning how the web works and understanding the underlying principles of website delivery and performance; from server to user.
What We’re Looking For
- Superior written/grammatical and verbal communication skills; writing is natural to you.
- A love for web technologies: cloud, SaaS, CMS are all in your vocabulary (or you can't wait to learn about them)
- A quick-learning, self-starter who works well with others, but can work independently with minimal supervision.
- A sincere customer service focus and the desire to help them solve their issues.
- Multi-tasking abilities and effective time-management skills.
- Able to take initiative in asking for feedback, constructive criticism.
Not required, but definitely a bonus!
- An understanding of web performance
- Design and/or videography skills (Adobe Creative Cloud Suite)
- Have created a website on your own using WordPress, Squarespace or Wix (or even HTML from scratch!)
- A BA or BS degree in a related field (English, MIS, Computer Science, Marketing)
About our company
Designed and developed in Vancouver, Canada, GTmetrix was taken from a small internal development tool, to one of the most trusted authorities on web performance today. Our parent company, Carbon60 Networks is a rapidly growing managed cloud provider, with over 1,000 servers in Vancouver, Toronto, and London UK, specializing in public and hybrid cloud offerings including AWS and Azure managed services.
A nice place to work just makes it that much easier to get up in the morning, ready to get at the day. We recognize the importance of balancing our careers with other aspects of our lives, and our office culture and benefits reflect this ethos – from our pet-friendly space to flexible work hours to fun social events, like LAN parties and beer nights.
Competitive salary, extended health and dental, flexible hours, training, education, RSP-matching and an opportunity to grow and advance with a top technology company. We enjoy a chill work environment in a uniquely-designed workspace, close to the SkyTrain and famed Olympic Village.
How to apply
Please note that this is an in-house position (Vancouver, BC, Canada).
If you are interested, please email your application as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Checklist of items to include when applying:
- Cover letter in PDF (please highlight any relevant experience)
- Résumé in PDF
- Writing samples